A storm to remember, and back to competition!
We hope that everyone in the community is coping with the recent catastrophic storm event. The profound effect that this has had on tens of thousands of people in our immediate area is hard to comprehend.
It is something that I’m sure we all take for granted when enjoying the beautiful trails around Mt Evelyn, Lilydale and Silvan – the assumption that the trees that are above you are going to stay there! We are extremely lucky to have had no loss of life in the Yarra Ranges through this event.
To all of our members, please do not hesitate to contact us if you need the use of our power and showers through this time.
With the further easing of restrictions, it’s exciting to know that we can get back into doing what we love. YRA Cross Country WILL BE RETURNING THIS SATURDAY.
There are some details that still need to be finalised, but here is what we can share right now.
- Cross Country with YRA will be on!! YES
- Location is ELIZABETH BRIDGE RESERVE, DURHAM ROAD….Start time will still be 8.45am, and first race around 9am.
- The format will be based on the guidance received between now and race morning. The good news is community sport is an approved activity, so it will just be a case of waiting for further information on adjustments that may (or may not) be required.
- Keep checking for updates, and be ready for Cross Country on Saturday. Make sure you are familiar with QR check-in via Service Victoria app. Please cooperate with our volunteers if there are changes to our normal routine.
- If you have questions please comment here or send to firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to see you everyone back on Saturday, where we will do everything we can to make it possible for fun, smiles and PB choccy frogs to be earned!! We are also hopeful that we have no further interruptions to our winter racing and can continue to host Cross Country every week from here to September.
Max Savill-Bentley, President Yarra Ranges Athletics
2021 LAVic State Cross-Country Championships
The State Cross-Country Championships is an individual Cross-Country event. It is held on terrain that is undulating and provides a challenge to the athletes. The course may incorporate one or two laps depending on the distance and layout of the course.
The State Teams event only, will be conducted concurrent with the individual event at the State Cross-Country Championships.
State Championships is a direct entry event.
To see all information relating to the event, including the draft timetable, and other important information, please click the link here to go to the event page.
Cost: $25/athlete (+ admin)
Date: Saturday 31st July 2021
Location: Lake Dewar Lodge, 339 Garrands Road, Myrniong
Entries Open: Friday, 14th May 2021
Entries Close: Monday, 5th July 2021 (11:59 am – Midday)
Senior Athletics and Cross Country
Seniors AV XCR will be returning on the Saturday 26th June. AV have rescheduled the St Anne’s Winery relays to Saturday 7th August.