Notification of 2021 Annual General Meeting for Yarra Ranges Athletics Inc.
To be held on THURSDAY 22nd APRIL 2021 from 7.30pm at
Mt Evelyn Community Hall
44 Birmingham Road, Mt Evelyn
- Attendees can be members eligible to vote or observers/guests.
- Members eligible to vote are:
- registered competing members, as at March 31st, 15 years or older, or
- parent/guardian of competing members under 15 years old, or
- Life Members and Honorary Members.
When registering your attendance, please indicate if you are attending as a voting member or as an observer. (If in doubt, email Secretary for clarification) on: email@example.com
To assist with planning and communication your pre-registration is appreciated. Reply to Nigel Murden via firstname.lastname@example.org
For the meeting to proceed a quorum of at least 10% of eligible voting members are required to be in attendance.
Acceptance previous AGM minutes
Close of Meeting
(Time for Q&A regarding any club activities and plans is available at the end of formalities)
CRUCIAL: We MUST fill the position of President at the AGM.
Other executive positions require filling at the meeting, however voting and/or selection of those positions will not occur until a President has been elected and confirmed. The role of President is no longer an onerous, hands on position due to the work the Committee has done over the last 12 months to create Portfolios and divest the workload (see Background information attached). It requires a person with good communication and people management skills comfortable knowing the support teams are getting the job done.
We encourage all our members to consider if they may be able to perform this role. We also encourage any possible president nominees to contact our most recent president, Michael Clarke on 0403 819 390 to further discuss what is required.
If you do not feel comfortable taking on the role of president then please consider one of the 19 other positions that need you which include:
- Executive position (Vice President – LA & AV, Secretary, Treasurer)
- General committee – refer Background information attached
For more information on specific roles and tasks, please e-mail email@example.com or call Jamie on 0402 233 677.
- Nominations for the Executive positions must be in writing or via email.
- A member may nominate themself, or with consent be nominated by another member.
- Nominations for Executive and General committee positions must be received by the secretary 48 hours prior to the AGM.
- If no nominations are received nominations will be called from the floor.
- Should a member fail to be elected to the nominated position, the member may nominate for any other position for which an election is still to be held.
- Where only one nomination is received, the member is declared the elected member.
- Where 2 or more nominations are received for the Executive committee a ballot will be held.
- Where 15 or more nominations are received for the general committee a ballot will be held.
- Nominations must state the applicants name, date of nomination, position of nomination and where nomination is presented by consent, the name of the presenting member.
- Nominating members must be 18 years or over for committee positions.
Any Special Resolution must be received no later than 14 days prior to the AGM as per the Incorporate Rules.
If you have any questions please contact Jamie Strudley (0402233677) or any of our committee members.
A copy of the latest YRA incorporated rules and By-Laws are attached.
Email nominations must be sent to Nigel Murden firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48hrs before the meeting commences.
We look forward to seeing you at Mt Evelyn Community Hall on Thursday 22nd April.
Secretary on behalf of the Committee
Yarra Ranges Athletics